Thursday, March 30, 2006

The Banex Saga Continues

It was Tuesday afternoon when we spent a full hour trying to get back a $30 chargeback into my bank account. AN HOUR! Finally, at the end of it all, they promised the money would be back in my account by 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday. Wednesday came and went, no money. Thursday morning, no money. Esposo calls for me (thanks, dear!) to find out what the deal is. The "customer service" representative says that, gee, something must have gone wrong at the branch office we were at (ya think?), so she would call and see what was up, and definitely, positively, for sure, the money would be there before noon. Noon comes and goes, no money. Around 1:30 I ask esposo to call again, which he graciously does.

He is fairly livid at this point. He lets them know that this is not only the worst bank he has ever dealt with, but the worst business, period. He says they do not know the definition of customer service, and that they are basically run by idiots. He insists that the money be credited immediately or he will talk to the c.s. rep's supervisor and close our account (which we plan to do anyway). And guess what? After all that, the money magically appears.

Now, this measly $30 chargeback has been "sitting" in limbo for more than a month. What I do not understand is why it is necessary to threaten and get angry with these people before they will GIVE YOU YOUR OWN MONEY. If I have said it before, I'll say it again: I hate Banex with a passion that grows stronger by the day.

But in other banking news, I called Scotiabank and they also offer a savings or checking accout that a Gringa like me can get, which also has an international debit card. Whew. Guess what I'm doing next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment