Saturday, August 18, 2007

#100

This is my 100th post! Woo-hoo! I know, I just don't write that much, or that often. I'll celebrate when I make 1,000.

Anyway, THANK YOU to everyone who took a minute to vote on the borders for my country quilt! My favorite border, the Jane Sassaman Magic Garden print, won out by a small margin, and that's what I went with. I really like the results:

I'm a little bit country...



I ended up using corner squares in a green that matched the one in the border fabric, mainly because trying to line up two pieces of fabric just to make one border strip, and have the prints on the two pieces match up with each other was a pain in the @$$! I couldn't begin to imagine how to then try to match up the prints at the corners. But I think the corner squares look nice.

The cool thing about Electric Quilt is how much the final result ended up looking like design on my computer. Wish I'd have had this software years ago! Then I might not have added that border to my son's baby quilt, which I just spent the morning ripping out.

The EQ Version



In other news, here's what I found in my laundry last night when I took it down off the line:

Buggin' Out


I don't know if you can really tell from the photo, but he had this beautiful, shiny green metallic color, and his antennae sort of resembled tiny brown leaves. He was about an inch or so long. I think he was on his way over the Rainbow Bridge, though, because he didn't have much "oomph" left in him. Happy trails, little fella...

No comments:

Post a Comment