Thursday, August 16, 2007

#2

Last night I finished my second quilt ever (the first being my Laurel Burch cats quilt, and not counting my son's baby quilt which was done badly and in a hurry). I started it when my friend A-F was five months pregnant with baby L; he's now 9 months old! The family just got back from a summer in Canada last week, and I was determined to finish it so that I could give it to her at playgroup (hosted at her house) today. Which I did! I love the way it turned out. Now I am determined to finish the top of the country quilt and then rip out the borders of my own son's baby quilt, which is what I realized is keeping me from finishing it. I hate the borders! That means a lot of seam ripping, but then again, I am the Queen of the Seam Ripper. I told the ladies today that I should get a seam ripper engraved with my name on it.

The baby quilt! My son helped me pick out the prints for the blocks, and esposo helped me pick out the red border fabric, and I'm very, very pleased with the way it turned out.



I was talking with J today about unfinished quilting projects; she has one that she started back in the 1980s! I had to mentally think about how many UFOs I have hiding in my sewing room: 1) the Lone Star wallhanging, 2) the snowmen quilt, 3) the Christmas table runner, 4) the color block quilt (for lack of a better name), 5) my son's baby quilt, and 6) the country quilt. I think that's it. I did start on a New York Beauty block of the month, but I don't think I'm going to finish it. Too time consuming. I have cut out some blocks for another quilt (The Migraine Inducer), and of course there is the scrap bag challenge quilt. But then I saw this quilt and I loved it so much I think I will start on the blocks this weekend! I know, someone stop me! Ah, we all have our vices. Mine could certainly be worse than starting new quilting projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment