Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

This morning started off late, as I was up until the wee hours of the morning watching Bride and Prejudice. (BTW, yes, it was good, and it was funny! I was surprised how closely they kept to Jane Austin's version, even with a Darcy and a Wickham [American and British, respectively]. The Bennets were Bakshis, and the Bingleys Bingleys, and much singing and dancing was had by all. Enjoyable, and recommended.) Not long after I woke up around 10:30, fireworks commenced. After all, it is Mother's Day down here. We moms in Latin America share Mother's Day with the original mother herself, the Virgin Mary, but a lot of people are also starting to celebrate the first Sunday in May Mother's Day as well. But this is really the big one.

Anyway, fireworks. Because, what better way to tell Mom you love her than with fireworks, I ask you? I know I sure felt warm and fuzzy inside!

Later in the day there was a parade with payasos, because, as we all know, clowns and music that sounds straight out of a funeral parade in the Big Easy are Mom's favorite way to have fun. This time, esposo took a few pics, and they are far, far superior to my photos of the karaoke guy.

"Clowns" dancing down the road in front of our house.
Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. and yet people wonder why clowns terrify me to this day....

    ReplyDelete