Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Whew. Glad that's over.

We're here. We made it into our new house, and in my new car it only took two trips to Grecia and back to bring all the animals here (9 dogs and 4 cats). Everyone but Phoebe seems to love the new house (actually I'm not even quite sure where Phoebe is; she's relentlessly pursued by Kiki Monster every time she dares come out to explore). I love the new house. Right now I am looking at my big backyard from a wall of windows, listening to birds sing at almost 7:30 in the morning. Life is nice.

Then I come around to remembering how many boxes I still have to unpack. And that I have no idea where my underwear are, so I had to buy some at Pricesmart last night. We're having some friends over tonight for an election night party (as good an excuse as any to drink wine with your friends, I'd say), and though the house is a disaster, what with unpacked boxes all over the place, I don't think anyone will mind too much.

And tomorrow night I'm going to see Beto Cuevas (*swoons*)! I have no idea where the club is or where the heck I'm going to park my car, but hopefully that will all get worked out before we leave. If anyone knows where Club The City is, I'd be ever so grateful for your help! (I do know, at least, that it's in Zapote.)

Also? I blew out my knee a few days ago by getting lost in another friend's neighborhood while trick-or-treating with son and his friends and my friends and wandering for a couple of hours around trying to find our friend's house. Do you think if I went to the show on crutches I'd get some kind of special treatment? At least maybe a chair? Because for some strange reason, a pair of crutches was left here in the storage room (along with a ton of other random and useless crap).

And now I'm going to enjoy some coffee on the porch and take in this beautiful day. Before I get back to unpacking.

To my friends in the U.S.: I know I don't need to tell you to vote. So I won't. To my friends in California: Yes on 2 and No on 8!

No comments:

Post a Comment