Saturday, October 27, 2007

Do you park like an asshole?

I just discovered this site, youparklikeanasshole.com. It's great. There are so many asshole parkers in Costa Rica, mostly driving their gas-guzzling SUVs taking up more than one space or just enough of your space so that you have no room to park your little Haunted Hyundai. More than once I've come out to my car to discover a hole has parked too close for me to enter my own car, at which point I usually have to get in through the passenger side and then, what I do just for fun, is to open my door with a vengeance, and bang it as hard as possible into the hole's car next to mine, repeatedly if necessary, until I make a nice dent in the door of the hole's car. Yes, I do. I don't give a rat's butt about how my own sorry excuse for a car looks, so one more dent isn't going to bother me any. And I really hate rude people. So they deserve it. There are so many rude people in Costa Rica, you probably wouldn't believe it unless you lived here.

Back to the site. You can download "parking tickets" for asshole parkers. I'm gonna get me some and translate them into Spanish. And you can also take pictures of the asshole parker's car and upload them to their gallery.

3 comments:

  1. You're totally right, there are too many parking assholes, and the notice is a great idea. There's no need for you to translate it into Spanish, somebody has already done that for you:
    http://estaticos.elmundo.es/documentos/2007/11/aparcamiento_catalejo.pdf
    Please let me know what you think about this notice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Thank you thank you! I'm printing out a pile o'tickets right now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang, esposo says Costa Ricans don't use the word gilipollas, so I guess I'll translate them into Costa Rican Spanish after all. But thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete