Sunday, March 02, 2008

And still more walking

The day after the Los Chorros hike, we (son and I) drove esposo up to work, and thought we'd try the hike to their waterfalls, as esposo had promised me it was far, far easier than the hike we'd taken the previous day. To his credit, he was mostly telling the truth, though when we got to the final waterfall (El Silencio), there were, indeed, quite a few stairs to trek. He says that he didn't remember all of those stairs; but I say, yeah, right. Eh, we'd gone that far, what's a few more stairs. And yes, it was worth it.

The first waterfall, I think this one is called El Misterio (The Mystery).

The Big Mama waterfall, this one is El Silencio (The Silence). That's esposo and son in the foreground for height comparison.

I was having a Zen moment...

This is a hummingbird nest just off of the main trail. Those fuzzy things are three little baby birds. So adorable! I have never seen such tiny, fuzzy, precious living things before in my life. The nest is about the size of a teacup, and the baby birds the size of your thumb.

Digg!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, those photos are amazing. My favourite is El Silencio. It looks spectacular. I'm only 5'2' so I would certainly be dwarfed standing near it! I also checked out the Costa Rica HQ blog that David mentioned, and I must say that Maquengue certainly looks wonderful. I am currently researching Costa Rica and what it has to offer with a view to visiting it and really like your blog. I thought the picture of the hummingbird nest was very touching.

    ReplyDelete