Monday, June 23, 2008

Taxes suck.

I have spent the better part of the afternoon doing my taxes. I swear, I swear, this year I will get organized, I will actually use my accounting software, and I will not need to spend half the day figuring out how and why the amounts on my 1099s do not match up to my invoices.

You might be wondering, if you don't live here in Costa Rica, why I'm doing my taxes on June 23. Thought I'd celebrate my mom's birthday with some REAL fun! (Just kidding, mom! Happy Birthday!) Actually if you live outside of the U.S., taxes are not due until June 15 because you get an automatic 2-month extension. But yes, I am still a week late. And several thousand dollars short. Crap. Did I tell you how much I hate doing my taxes? And every year I screw up. Although, really, it's not that hard to screw things up when you work for yourself, and you live outside of the country, and you're trying to figure out this credit and that credit, and on and on into near infinity. I mean, something is bound to go wrong. So every year, I spend half the day diligently figuring things out, filling out forms, copying numbers from this form to that, and every year they send me back another form (which I expect to arrive in a few months) explaining exactly how I screwed up this time and how much more money I owe them. So, you know, Bush & Co. can go spend billions more on this stupid war insanity.

Sigh.


Digg!

No comments:

Post a Comment