Thursday, June 19, 2008

Why I should stay away from Mental Floss

It's posts like this one. Those are evil, evil people over there. Because you know what they really wanted was for me to remember this crap-ass song, and have it going through my head the rest of the night (go ahead, watch it, you know you want to):



Anyone who was in Latin America a few years ago will remember this song, and probably groan as well (I hear ya, believe me!). While it sounds like they are singing gibberish for the chorus, I always thought that it was really that they heard Rapper's Delight by the Sugar Hill Gang and couldn't figure out what the hell they were saying, and it sounded like gibberish to them (because they were too stupid to go find the lyrics), and so they thought they'd pull one over on everyone and make a "new" song out of what they thought they heard. And in fact, they did pull one over, as this dumb-ass song was a big big hit and I'm sure they made some bank out of it anyway. So with that thought in mind, watch this video, and tell me if I'm out of my gourd. (It's toward the end of the song where he goes, "I said a hip, hip hop and you don't stop, rockin' to the bang bang boogie said up jump the boogie to the rhythm of the boogiedy beat..." or something like that.)



Digg!

No comments:

Post a Comment